Due to the global coronavirus pandemic we are triaging all appointments before our patients are seen.
If you have access to the internet please go to www.doctorlink.com, click “I am an NHS patient” and sign up to go through the online triage. If an appointment is recommended we will be in touch with you to arrange this. Please make sure you enter your correct contact information.
If you do not have access to the internet we have the following options available:
Telephone/video consultations: all appointments with a GP will be triaged. If you think the GP might need to see you in order to treat you and you own a smartphone you can book a telephone consultation. If you do not have a smartphone, please book a telephone consultation.
Chronic disease management appointments (e.g. diabetic, COPD, asthma appointments) will be carried out over the telephone. All other appointments which require you to attend the surgery will be triaged on the morning of your appointment. If you do not answer the telephone on the morning of your appointment you will not be able to be seen, please make sure we have your correct telephone number when you book your appointment.
- if you have symptoms of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), however mild, do not leave your home for 7 days from when your symptoms started
- this action will help protect others in your community while you are infectious
- plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure you can successfully stay at home
- ask your employer, friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home
- stay at least 2 metres (about 3 steps) away from other people in your home whenever possible
- sleep alone, if possible
- wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water
- stay away from vulnerable individuals, such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions, as much as possible
- you do not need to call NHS 111 to go into self-isolation. If your symptoms worsen during home isolation or are no better after 7 days, contact NHS 111 online. If you have no internet access, call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND OR CONTACT THE GP PRACTICE, OUT OF HOURS DOCTOR or A&E.
We are not able to arrange testing at the GP Practice.
Published: Mar 13, 2020